Today was one of my “some days” – what is a “some day” you might ask. Well a “some day” is the day where you never get everything accomplished and instead just spin your wheels and hit a few brick walls in the process. What makes a “some day” occur? Well, today it was caused by a serious lack of focus. I have a hard time focusing on a task when I feel like everything is in chaos. It feels like nothing was put away, cleaned the way I needed it to be, my kids were in constant motion, and nothing got completed. Ever have a day like that…I have attempted to calm my some days but often fail.
I have come up with the 10 Steps for overcoming “some days”
- Take several deep breaths.
- Make a list of must do’s , want to do’s, and could do’s.
- Focus on the must do list first.
- Complete the first 2 items on the Must do list.
- Step back and re-prioritize according to time constraints.
- Check my basic needs (make sure I eat, drink, exercise)
- Complete the list if possible.
- Make to do list for tomorrow
- Reward myself for focusing!
I find that I have more “some days” now that I am at home. Whether the lack of focus is due to being overwhelmed with the household tasks, or trying to fill every minute of my time, or just having the blues – having a plan on handling those rough days is necessary.
One day at a time – discovering myself.