Summer is my favorite season. I hate the cold, rain, and gloom of Winter. Spring and Fall aren’t bad, but my allergies force me to stay inside most of the season. But Summer – I love summer
As a kid, summer meant playing outside all day long, trips to the library every Tuesday, popcorn and movies with the cousins down the hill, cold watermelon at mommaws/poppaws house and plenty of time to just be a kid.
I am looking forward to summer more this year than I have in quiet a while. So I thought I would make a list of things I want to do this summer.
1. Movie Night: we are blessed to have an inflatable movie screen and outdoor projector. I am looking forward to using it a lot this summer.
2. Water Balloon fight: As kids we would have a water gun fight on the bus for the last day of the school year. A water balloon fight sounds like something I would like to do with my kid as a Nod to my first day of summer tradition.
3. Make homemade ice cream and eat on the back porch.
4. Go on a bike ride. As a kid, I spent hours riding my bike. (of course I have to buy a bike but still.)
5. Take the kids to the park.
What types of things are you interested in doing this summer? What is your favorite time of year? Leave a comment below and share.